Last Revised on May 09, 2018
Please note that this policy only applies to Herbalife websites (“Sites”) containing a link to this policy.
You may identify the Herbalife controller of your personal data by using the chart at the end of this policy based on your country of residence. The controller of your personal data determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
Please be also advised that Herbalife products are sold exclusively through our Independent Members (“members”), who can also be controllers of your personal data. You should contact them directly to understand their data practices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What are the benefits of Herbalife collecting my information?
- What information might be collected by the Sites?
- How will Herbalife collect and store this information?
- How long will Herbalife store this information?
- What is Herbalife's commitment to Children's Privacy?
- What are cookies?
- How are cookies on this site used and what information is collected?
- How do I disable and enable cookies?
- What are my rights with respect to my personal information?
- What about Internet and website security?
- Can Herbalife change this policy?
- How can I identify the Herbalife controller of my personal data?
What are the benefits of Herbalife collecting my information?
Through its websites, Herbalife collects personal information about you for a variety of reasons:
- To prepare and perform an agreement with you, such as:
- to prepare and enter into a membership agreement with you;
- to execute the membership agreement, including calculating your earnings and those of other members, and maintaining and delivering information on your up- and down-line (lineage reports);
- to process product orders;
- to deliver and take-back products and to manage warranties; and
- for payment purposes.
- To meet our legal obligations, such as:
- for accounting and tax purposes;
- to conduct product call-back operations; and
- to respond to requests for information by competent public bodies and judicial authorities.
- For Herbalife’s legitimate business purposes, such as:
- to provide our services and to protect the integrity and security of our services;
- to improve the user experience of our websites by making them more accessible and user friendly and create content more relevant to you
- to resolve member inquiries;
- to provide you with information and online advertising on our products, services, and special offers.
You may have a right to oppose certain uses of your personal information under applicable law; but in this case, you may not be able to fully benefit from our products and services.
- On the basis of your consent:
- to receive dedicated services, such as receiving information packs;
- to get in contact with a Herbalife member for an introduction into membership or to participate in events and challenges;
- for the use of your e-mail address or telephone number in connection with the marketing of Herbalife products and services and related products and services; and
- the use of certain cookies and similar technologies, as required by law.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by letting us know at the email address below, by opting out of advertising by e-mail or SMS, or by changing the privacy settings of your browser as set out below. If you withdraw consent, you may not be able to fully enjoy our products and services.
What information might be collected by the Sites?
At Herbalife, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit the Sites without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, we collect technical information, such as an IP address and your browser information in order to make a connection and display our website. For example, we might collect data regarding your journey through the website or record the options that you have chosen to select. This is a common standard procedure for any website on the Internet. The information collected does not directly identify you but may be helpful to us for marketing purposes and improving the services we offer.
For registered members, Herbalife collects information about products you purchase online and information voluntarily uploaded by members on the Sites, such as their leads and marketing efforts.
We may receive additional information about you from public and commercially-available sources and other third parties. If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter through the Sites, to login to the Sites or to share information about your experience on the Sites with others, we may collect information from these third-party services.
How will Herbalife collect and store this information?
Herbalife stores your personal information in a centralized repository together with other information we may have about you, if any. This allows us to avoid duplication, better manage our information resources and provide you with a better service. We use this information for the purposes mentioned above and in accordance with your choices.
How long will Herbalife store this information?
We may retain your information for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law, whichever is longer. The duration for which Herbalife stores your personal information depends on the purpose for which the information is being used.
Herbalife stores you information in a secure environment protected by a combination of physical and technical measures. There is no general public access to this information, except for information you voluntarily provide in public communities and forums on the Sites or third party platforms.
- To understand how you can amend, or update information stored about you, please refer to the question below titled: “What are my rights with respect to my personal information?”
With whom does Herbalife share my personal information?
Relevant personal information will be shared with:
- its affiliated or associated companies, and the dealers, agencies and licensees of any of these companies;
- service providers working for Herbalife, for example, companies that help us develop our website and keep it secure and companies that help us make advertising more relevant;
- other companies with which Herbalife has directly or indirectly arranged services for your benefit, for example fulfilling orders, delivering packages, email administrative functions, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service;
- selected Herbalife members, including Herbalife members in your up-line (for example, Lineage Reports);
- other parties as required by law, or to comply with a subpoena, legal proceedings, or similar legal or judicial process or arbitration, including disclosure to authorized third party auditors or governmental authorities, or to investigate or prevent fraud; and
- other parties in the context of a corporate transaction, such as a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy procedure.
Where will your personal information be stored?
Herbalife operates in many countries across the world. To enable us to offer consistent service to you, wherever you may be, we manage certain website functions from one central location. This is currently in the U.S. In addition, members in your up-line may be established in the U.S or other countries. There is not one set of data protection laws that cover Europe, the U.S. and other parts of the world. The European laws require that Herbalife take steps to protect your information when it is transferred to regions outside of Europe. Those steps include:
- for international transfers to other Herbalife entities around the world, Herbalife relies on its Model Contractual Clauses;
- for international transfers to service providers, the protections depend on the service provider concerned and its location, and include agreements containing data protection clauses as required by law; and
- for international transfer, if any, to members in your up-line, Herbalife relies on the execution of the membership agreement.
Herbalife's Commitment to Children's Privacy?
Protecting the privacy of children is important. In some instances, Herbalife may collect Personal Information from minors. Herbalife obtains the consent of the minor’s parent or legal guardian as required by applicable law.
What are cookies?
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has originated; the "lifetime" of the cookie; and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
Herbalife uses two types of cookies on this website:
- Session Cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- Persistent Cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
How cookies are used on this site and what information is collected?
These are used for the following purposes:
- to allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information; and
- within registration to allow you to access stored information.
These are used for the following purposes:
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (using a number) when you return to our website;
- to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly;
- to compile aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website;
- to identify and resolve user experience issues and improve website operations; and
- to resolve member inquiries and help ensure compliance with our member rules.
Third parties may also serve cookies via the Sites. These are used for the following purposes:
- to tailor content to your preferences;
- to count the number of users of our site; and
- to provide security within shopping baskets or transactions.
Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web Beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number; time and date of a page view; and a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also carry Web Beacons placed by third party advertisers. These Beacons are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
How do I disable and enable cookies?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. Should you wish to be alerted before a cookie is accepted on your hard disk, guideline instructions follow below:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- Open 'Windows Explorer'
- Click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
- Type "cookie" into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
- Select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
- Click 'Search Now'
- Double click on the folders that are found
- 'Select' any cookie file
- Hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
What are my rights with respect to my personal information?
Depending on the applicable law, you may have various rights in respect to your personal information, such as a right of access, rectification, restriction of or, objection to processing of your personal data (including processing for direct marketing), and portability to another controller and erasure. Some of our Sites allow you to review and update your personal information or cancel your membership of the service. Where this function is not available and for assistance with in respect to other personal information rights, please contact your local Herbalife member services office contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that these rights are subject to limitations set out in law.
If you do not want to receive advertising by e-mail or SMS, you will be given an opportunity to opt-out in the communications you receive.
If you have additional questions about this policy and our practices or if you have complaints about Herbalife’s use of your personal information, please contact us at:
Data Protection Officer – EMEA
Herbalife Finance and Operations Service Centre
ul. Puszkarska 7H, 30-644 Kraków, Poland
For users and members in the European Union, if you have concerns about Herbalife’s collection and use of your personal information that Herbalife cannot solve to your satisfaction, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent Supervisory Authority in your jurisdiction.
What about Internet & Site Security?
The Internet is not a secure system, and you should always be cautious about the information you disclose online. Personal Information collected by Herbalife websites is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. Where necessary, the personal information is encrypted before you conduct your transaction, using appropriate secure technology.
Can Herbalife change this website policy?
Privacy laws, guidelines and case law change continuously. Herbalife therefore reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time. We recommend that you visit our website periodically to be aware of the latest version of our policy.
How can I identify the Herbalife controller of my data?